Join Carrie & Dee for a weekend among the picturesque Catskills mountains of Franklin, New York. Heathen Hill Yoga Center is situated on ten secluded acres surrounded by a sea of green, filled with rolling hills and beautiful gardens. Step away from everyday life, breathe in the fresh mountain air, and allow your eyes to settle on the natural beauty that surrounds you. The weekend is yours to do as much or as little as you like. Soak in the surroundings and be deliciously unattached from the modern world. It’s a time to relax, restore, and nourish your soul. Your retreat price includes: all farm-to-table (ahh-mazing) meals from Friday dinner to Sunday brunch, four yoga classes, two night’s accommodations, and use of Heathen Hill’s grounds & amenities. This retreat is open to ALL adults – solo travelers, couples, friends and family!
Our tentative schedule will consist of:
- Check in at 3pm. (we encourage you to arrive at/close to this time to give yourself time to unwind and explore surroundings)
- Yoga at 5:30pm – a combo of vinyasa + restorative yoga
- Dinner at 7:30
- Breakfast at your convenience (before or after class)
- Morning vinyasa flow at 8:30am-10am
- Lunch at 1230pm (served outside if weather permits)
- Evening Yoga at 5pm – a combo of vinyasa + restorative
- Dinner at 7pm
- Bonfire fun after dinner
- Morning vinyasa flow at 9am-1030am
- Sunday brunch at 10:45am
- Group gathering and pictures at noon
Note that all yoga classes are optional. Remember the weekend is yours, do as much or as little as you like. Here are some ideas:
- go for a hike or walk the meditation labyrinth and explore the lush gardens
- read a book and doze off on a hammock
- unwind in the hot tub
- take a dip or float on a raft in the swimming hole
- enjoy a glass of wine under the starlit sky
- bring your camera and capture the natural beauty
- cozy up by the bonfire
- gawk at the abundant vegetable gardens with chickens clucking by your feet
It’s amazing how much brighter the stars shine in the mountains and the fields of twinkling fireflies! If this isn’t enough to bring your heart joy, feel like a kid again as we throw horseshoes, play badminton, and enjoy a wealth of face-to-face conversation that is unencumbered by the ding of your cell phone or computer. Disconnect to reconnect!
Carrie is the founder of HoliMomma, yoga practitioner, massage therapist, body-worker, mother of 2, wife, lover, friend and spiritual being. Her approach to yoga is alignment-based, nurturing yet strong and exploratory. Carrie’s teaching incorporates a creative vinyasa flow with intelligent alignment inter-weaved with yoga philosophy. She is forever a student of yoga and life itself.
Dee started practicing yoga by following VCR tapes in her basement in the early 90’s. How times have changed! But through the twists and turns of life’s journey, the one thing that has remained constant is the faithful friendship of her practice. A registered vinyasa yoga teacher since 2008, she has expanded her teaching into prenatal, kid’s, and restorative yoga as well. Her bulk of her days are spent teaching middle school English, sharing the joys of life with her daughter, Haddie, and of course, practicing yoga as a form of spiritual aspirin. Any time left goes to reading, cooking, spending time in nature, and laughing with friends.
$465 per person in a double room that shares a bath
BIG HEATHEN HOUSE
$515 per person in a double room with a shared bath
$630 per person in a double room with private bath
- If you’re solo traveler and would like a private room, please contact Carrie for pricing.
- Want to share a room with someone specific? Send us a message and we’ll make sure to connect you with your roomie.
- Gluten free? Dairy free? Or any other dietary restrictions – no problem! Let us know ahead of time so we can let Lip & Lisa know to prepare meals accordingly.
For full details and to register – holimomma.com/retreats/
Carrie Sarlo-Randazzo LMT RYT
HoliMomma at The Village
915 Haddon Ave Collingswood